Monday, February 3, 2014

Bits and Bobs...


Just the other day--Friday's post actually--I mentioned that I hadn't seen a sunset in a very long time.  How cool then that last night the clouds finally broke apart, the fog and mist lifted, and I saw this...


It was beautiful and filled the sky with much-needed splendor.  I was so very glad to see it.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Walking across the living room this morning, I glanced out the windows...to see this perfect little sliver of green in all the wintery bareness of the valley.  The color was bright and lush and just captivated me.  I decided to post it on the photo blog.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

And on the writerly front, I posted the latest short story over at Scribbles.  A short, to my mind, leaves much to the reader's imagination to fill in the blanks for themselves.  No more so than this little tale of luck gone awry.  The ending came to me first and I wrote the rest around it.  Funny how that works sometimes...is it backwards thinking, or forward?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

That's about it.  Busy day, now it's time for wine and dinner and a good book.

Oh...and just one more thing:  GO SEAHAWKS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment