Monday, January 16, 2012

A Bit of Snow

Monday morning wake up.  Ah, this is more like it, and what I expected to see yesterday morning when I opened the blinds...



It was dark and gloomy, though the snow, thick and pristine white against the early morning shadows, was bright and vivid.  This is what I wanted for Sunday, but it's okay for today instead.  Besides, it's a good excuse for another day off to keep reading my book.




By the way, the Irish stew was wonderful last night.  And the biscuits?  Mouth watering.  I have plenty of leftovers, plus some to freeze for another day when I will feel like a dose of contentment...and don't want to cook.






Now, a few hours later, the sun is breaking through the clouds, and I think I'll take the dogs and the camera down the mountain.  From my vantage point, I can see that the main road far below is moving along just fine.  The interesting part will be getting from here to there, though I have faith in my big ol' Chevy.

No comments:

Post a Comment