Sunday, July 28, 2013

Snap...Shots and Dragons


I've added a page to the blog.  Over on the right there, see the photo of my old tried and true Nikon?  If you click on the camera, it will take you to the new page where I'm going to start posting my favorite shot of the week.  We'll see how it goes.  I'm failing miserably at keeping up with the serial writing, and adding another thing to my plate might seem totally ridiculous, but hey, I'm always taking photos anyway, so it shouldn't be much of an effort to post one in the course of a week.

Yeah, okay, I hear you.  Famous last words...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Anyway.  Remember when I pruned all the Snapdragons a few weeks ago and stuffed them in a big box to dry out so I could harvest all the seeds?
 

As the stalks dried, every few days I would stomp them down like I was smashing wine grapes.  It's actually helped that the weather has been so hot and dry because the seed pods were popping like firecrackers.  This morning I figured it was time...
 
 
So, I got out my handy strainer--not one I use in the kitchen anymore--and slowly sifted my way through stalks and pods and debris.  I'm pretty sure I have about two million seeds in my little pint-sized Mason jar.  I also had another one that was nearly full, but I scattered those over the back slope and across the road at the front of the house.
 
 
There are so many, I could become a Johnny Appleseed person--well, maybe a Susie Snapdragon--and travel across America, covering the land with orange, purple and yellow flowers...
 
 
That would be a really cool job, wouldn't it?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment