Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Week 31 of the 52s...Namaste'


Namaste' is a Sanskrit word with many interpretations.  In some cultures it's a gentle greeting, with prayer hands and a slight bow, in others it's an acknowledgement of the soul in one by the soul in another.

Here is a longer explanation.  And how incredibly amazing--to me--that one word can encompass all that is (or should be) meaningful to us as human beings...

 
The definition I prefer, and the one I try to keep in the front of my mind, is very simple:

The divine in me honors the divine in you
 
And now, dear readers, you're probably wondering where I'm going with all this. Hang on, I'm getting there...

But first, a photo of my wee floating Buddha, a tat I've had for several years on my left forearm. (I took the shot through the mirror, so it's reversed)...
 

 
After much thought (two years) and many graphics, drawings and discarded scraps of paper, I finally found the perfect complement to my Buddha.  It's not only the Sanskrit symbol for namaste' but is a very unique design, enclosing the symbol within the shape of a heart.

This afternoon I went to the local tattoo emporium and got this...

Namaste'

 
I asked Josh, the tattooist, to match it as close as possible to my Buddha--in color, placement and size on my right forearm. He did a most excellent job. The colors are perfect and when I hold my two arms together, the two designs couldn't be more aligned. I wish I could take a photo showing the two side by side, but I had a hard enough time trying to get these two shots with my left hand.

It goes without saying how pleased I am. And maybe the visual will help in my struggle to remember we're all in this together peeps, for better or worse. A little love and peace would go a long way...

So far, this has been one of the highlight adventures in the ongoing saga of the 52s.

Namaste'

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes we say namaste, bitches!, but that's us. Nice ink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatever works--and you know I'm laughing, right? ;D

      I'm really happy with it.

      Delete