Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Twos


Yesterday whilst toiling in the garden, I was contemplating twos. Not just the obvious: twins, couples, Noah's animals, or the fact that two is the first even number.

No, I was thinking more along the lines of...

...my two wee dogs, that love me unconditionally;

...the two and a half years I've lived on this mountain;

...the same period of time I've been achingly homesick for Scotland;

...that it has been two years since I became a widow. 

On one hand it's gone so fast, I can barely comprehend the speed of it; on the other, I can relive the defining moments in brutal, crystal-clear detail as if it were, in fact, just yesterday.

Time does heal wounds. Eventually.  It helps that I'm strong, mostly capable, and incongruously, in the midst of chaos theory I believe in an underlying method to the madness. 

The one immutable thing I pondered as I toiled in the garden, is that when all is said and done, two is the first number that is divisible.  And that will always leave just one...

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful posy my friend. Time does indeed heal all wounds eventually. It's the only 100% sure way of healing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...

      "This too shall pass..." was my mantra during the darkest days. It was true.

      Delete
  2. Oh Terri, this made me ache a bit. What a beautifully tragic truth. I am so glad I know you...you allow me to see the world from another garden. Take care.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a sweet thought: "the world from another garden." And see? Another great example that we are indeed sisters in spirit... :D

      Delete
  3. You are strong, friend. And resilient. Keep seeing the beauty in small pleasures. Tt's what keeps us all going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ang...and your words are so true. Like the saying goes: "What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger."

      Delete