Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Aloha, Sayonara, Arrivederci, Bon Voyage, See Ya...

Northern Idaho

I'm leaving tomorrow morning on my holiday. After heading north to my sister's to drop off the dogs, I'll be winging my way to Spokane, then a two-hour drive into the wilds of northern Idaho to spend several days with the BFF.

When I talked to her on Sunday, she'd already planned a six-mile hike up to a fire lookout that apparently has an incredible view of wilderness, lakes and mountains; close enough we can also wave to our Canadian neighbors.  And there will be bears.

We will talk and laugh and drink Glenlivet and reminisce about the good ol' days in Seattle and get maudlin about the passage of time.  Then we'll laugh some more and be thankful we've had each other through the thick and thin of our adult lives.

So, I'll be off the grid until sometime next weekend.  I've decided to take my Kindle--for the books--and my cell--for the bears--but for the most part it will be just the two of us, my camera and days of back-of-beyond freedom.  I can hardly wait for the adventure to begin.

Catch you on the flip side, peeps....

9 comments:

  1. I barely have ventured online this summer.....a bit of a tech holiday for me, I suppose. :) Your real getaway sounds lovely, and filled with the very best kind of companionship. I'm wishing you such peace and happiness, marvelous memories and NO BEARS! lol xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, there you are. I've missed you these past months. Hope things are well with...well, you know.

      Thanks for the wishes. No doubt, many stories and photos to come when I return! ;D

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your adventure and time together, and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait! And though I would really like a bear photo...I'm hoping it's through my telephoto! ;D

      Delete
  3. Enjoy, friend. Be safe and take care of each other ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ang...I'll wave toward Canada and think of you! ;D

      Delete
  4. I hope you'll have a wonderful and relaxing time with your BFF. That sounds like an awesome vacation!
    Thank you for your last sweet comment on my blog. I had no chance to get back until now, school and work have been crazy busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to the trip!
      Hope you have some time now to enjoy what's left of the summer?!?!

      Delete
  5. Enjoy yourself -- and we better see lots of cool pictures when you get back. :)

    ReplyDelete