Saturday, January 10, 2015

I Am An Island...

...surrounded by a sea of dense, chilly fog.  It's been almost zero visibility for awhile now.  I don't really mind the cold--it's Winter after all--but not being able to see ten feet in any direction starts to mess with your head.  Is anyone out there?  I'm not a fan of the sun, but I still like to look at the sky, see clouds and mountains in a world that isn't damp and colorless.

Although. The up-side to the blank abyss is that I have the best motivation to settle down in my cozy chair and read all afternoon...maybe into the night if my book is as good as I hope.  Before that, however, I have to water all the plants, do laundry, unload the dishwasher and give the boys their lunch, then I'm off to read a story where bad things prowl in the swamps of a Louisiana bayou.

And for me, peeps, that makes this about the most perfect kind of Saturday...



6 comments:

  1. You're in fog and we're in a deep freeze. Like, knock your wool socks off cold. Mother Nature...she truly is a force, friend ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw footage of the eastern seaboard, all the way to your neck of the woods...brrrrrrr.

      Delete
  2. It was clear here, but the snow's coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BFF in northern Idaho told me she was tired of shoveling, so yeah...snow's headed your way.

      Delete
  3. I will gladly take your and Robbie's snow :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey newly married guy, welcome back and huge congrats!!
      Robbie's got the great snow, I'm still shrouded in dense fog...mind-altering, creepy dense fog. ;D

      Delete