Friday, June 5, 2015

Screwdrivers and Sand Dunes

Honestly. between working my way through The Chores and daydreaming about Nick...I just can't seem to find time to write these days.  Inexcusable, I know, but there you go.  In the rush of a burgeoning relationship, it appears I've lost any talent for multi-tasking, being able to focus for longer than five seconds, or remembering why I've gone from one room to another. Good thing I don't have to operate heavy machinery.

I've also found myself shaking my head in amazement at Nick's ability to fix anything.  So far, he's fixed the back door, the screen door at the front, the water pressure in the shower, balanced the washing machine and changed the flickering fluorescent lights in the laundry room.  He knows exactly where I keep my tools and usually has my favorite screwdriver in his hand not long after he arrives.  I've tried to hide the thing because I really don't want him to feel like he has to work for his supper...but he just goes to his truck, gets his own screwdriver and carries on.  I'm trying not to get used to this turn of events--if it's broke, I'm the one usually doing the fixing--but really, having a guy around who can do anything?  You bet I'm smiling...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yesterday I spent the day cleaning out my closet.  Well, my intent was to clean it out, but after four hours and a heap of things for the thrift shop or the bin, I was shocked and dismayed to realize I had only sorted through shoes and one wall of stuff.  I have two walls to go, plus shelves. The hard part about cleaning out a closet is having to try on all the clothes/shoes and make decisions about what to save or what to release back into the wild.  And there are lots of memories in these little pieces of fabric; doesn't matter that I'll never be a size 6 again in this lifetime.

Before...                                                                     After...


Hot and grueling as the experience was, it's encouraging to see the vast difference between the start of the task and the end result--even if the true end result is still days from being accomplished.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But the closet sorting will have to wait until next week.  Because I've been diverted by this bad boy...



Nick and I are off to the Oregon coast this weekend to ride the dunes.  Can't wait to put on my Darth Vader helmet and start screaming in fear yelling with excitement at the thrill of it all...and to take some great photos...


That's way more fun than cleaning the closet...

2 comments:

  1. The title of this post makes me think of some dysfunctional Guns n' Roses tribute band...;p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good one...though Jimmy Buffett comes to mind, too...;D

      Delete