Saturday, January 11, 2014

Saturday Stuff


I finished the first short story for this year over on my writing blog. I had the idea last month, though as usual with me, my "little thought" took me two weeks to hammer out, and I wanted the ending to be more of a surprise than I think it actually is. Ah well, I just have to get my mindset back into say it with less. I really love that the story was written and is now finished without all those pesky, endless chapters to stew over.  The sense of freedom I have these days NOT thinking about the next serial installment is wonderful.

And on that same theme...

I woke up this morning in a panic because I didn't have anything to write for the 52s this week. Too funny...once I calmed down. Spending a year doing something new each week appears to have become a habit, at least in some dark corner of my brain. And again, what a great thing to NOT be scrambling/thinking/flailing for something to do every damn week. Though I'm totally glad I did it--no question--I'm even more happy to be done.

Dinking on my tablet last night, I found this cool quiz. Just answer a few multiple choice questions to find out: What age are you really? I took the test, and though I didn't understand one of the questions (thankfully I had the option of choosing What? as my response), my official age is 35. I can live with that.

Today is very turbulent with lashing rain and high winds. At one point the rain was so intense, it overflowed the gutter in the front. Looking out the windows was like being inside a waterfall. And the rainbows have been so beautiful. Earlier this morning there were three, in different parts of the sky, and a few minutes ago I took a shot of this double arc...


The colors have been so vibrant and clear...


I've been struggling with Blogger and Internet Explorer today.  I don't get it.  The more technology, the crappier things get.  Just deleted IE and will reinstall it later to see if the glitch is gone.  Frankly, I'd rather just get in my car and mow Bill Gates down in his driveway.  It would be much more satisfying.

Obviously it's time for some meditation. I can hear 975 cranes calling out to me...

*************************

Sorry peeps...didn't check the What age are you? link before posting.  It should work now...

2 comments:

  1. We haven't used Exploder in forever and a day. Clunky and otherwise aggravating. Firefox was good for awhile, but it got a little bloated too. We use Opera, I used to long ago, and, by in large, it seems to to do well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I nuked both IE and Firefox last night. I'm using Chrome at the moment which is working light years faster and better than the other two ever did...

      Delete