Friday, June 6, 2014

I Do Love A Good Song...

So, last night, nothing on the telly, can't get into my book, house is too hot.  I'm flopped in my reading chair--okay, sprawled in a melting heap--and decide to watch a long-ago rerun of Bones, a show that my mother keeps telling me to see. I don't know much about it as I was living in Scotland for most of the episodes, but awhile ago, just to try it out, I recorded a random episode from 2012. Since there is a dearth of good programming right now, I decide to watch it, mainly because I was too hot to care one way or the other.

As it turns out, the episode was really good, even though I don't have a clue what's going on half the time with the actors and their histories. At the end there's a sudden birth, a baby that belongs to the two main characters and as the credits begin to roll, a song comes on.  I immediately love the raspy, deep voice of the singer, but it's the first few lines that really grab me...

"Life is too far to walk alone
You can't do it on your own
It's like bare hands digging through stone..."  

I'm just getting into the lyrics, the rhythm, trying to figure out if I know that voice...when the recording abruptly stops.  Apparently Dish didn't feel it was necessary to show the entire credit roll...which included the details on the blasted song.  Well, just...crap.

After quickly writing down the episode number and date when the show originally aired, I shut off the television and go to bed, then this morning I do a bit of digging and searching and find the artist and the song.

I realize I'm late catching this bus--after all it's been two years--but through the wonders of the internet...

Marc Scibilia, "How Bad We Need Each Other"


Have a great weekend, peeps.

2 comments:

  1. I actually really like that show. I have watched the first couple of seasons so I am nowhere near caught up, but it's a pretty good show :) you can watch them on Amazon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good, and I'm really picky about television--generally I'd rather read. Reruns air throughout the week, so maybe I'll catch a few episodes here and there.

      Delete