Sunday, June 24, 2012

The Gloaming...

A bit earlier, as I was reading my book, I noticed the pages were sort of glowing with a reddish-orange tint.  I knew it was getting into the gloaming, and time I switched on the lights, but the color was unexpected.  I got up from the couch and looked out over the Valley.  It was an amazingly beautiful sunset.  I grabbed the camera and went out on the back deck...

Layers of color, several different types of cloud formations.  I love sunsets like this, not only because they're so dramatic, but I can't help picturing the ocean on the other side of the mountains.  I can imagine how the sky, the colors, the sun looks, going down on the horizon with the waves and the water.   Oregon has a spectacular coastline, and I know just exactly what I would see if I were standing on the beach.


So, I take some shots, linger for a few minutes, listen to the birds bed down for the night, and watch the changing colors.   Then, turning to go back inside, I look north...


Sometimes it's not just about where the sun sets, is it?

4 comments:

  1. Oh my word, such wonderous skies! Stunning, just stunning....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It helps that I live on top of a mountain and have an unobstructed view, but yeah, it truly was a beautiful sunset.

      Delete
  2. Those are amazing shots. I'm a sucker for a good sunset.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...and me, too.

      I have sunset photos from everywhere; each one is so uniquely beautiful.

      Delete