Sunday, June 23, 2013

Week 25 of the 52s...Pastry Deliciousness

As I mentioned in an earlier post, when I haven't found anything noteworthy to do for fun and adventure in one of my Weeks, I rummage through recipes I've saved for rainy day experiments.  Over the course of the 52s, I have had marginal success with this.

Last night I made an Asparagus and Parmesan Cream tart.  And let me just say...OMG.  This recipe is at the top of my food chain, second only to Week 2's Café du Monde beignets.  It was easy, with a minimum of fussiness and few ingredients.  It only took about 20 minutes to make, another 20 to cook, and far less to eat two of these yummy morsels.

The recipe makes 4 pieces that fit just right on a baking sheet...
















And two pieces fit just right on my plate...






The bottom is puff pastry, the filling is a mixture of cream cheese, Parmesan, lemon and basil, then topped with fresh asparagus.  Right out of the oven, they're sprinkled with grated Parmesan.







The crust was flaky, the cream rich yet with a little bite from the lemon, the asparagus was cooked to perfection.  Honestly?  I could have eaten the whole thing.  Thank goodness I am learning restraint as I lurch through adulthood.

So.  A wonderful, delicious dinner, and I have the other two pieces to eat today.  Yum.

A most excellent choice for this week's adventure...

4 comments:

  1. These look delish! Why are taking pictures of food so much fun?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were truly wonderful. It is fun, isn't it? Almost as much fun as eating the food! ;D

      Delete
  2. Dang these look amazing!! Is it possible for you to ship some of these to Kentucky...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The UPS/FedEx guy would eat them first--not only did they taste great, they smelled great, too!

      Delete