Thursday, October 3, 2013

Thoughts on a Thursday


Finally, after three weeks of distractions, I was able to post the next installment of the serial yesterday.  What with flu shot poisoning, then making up for that lost week, followed by cleaning the house and having my sister visit last week...well, the story didn't just take a back seat, it ended up in the trunk.

It was a good day to write.  The anticipated warm weather has been kicked aside by an endless barrage of storms for over a week now--I'm not complaining!!--though by tomorrow the sun is due to return.  I'm okay with that.  Indian Summer is a special time in the Northwest and I'm very much looking forward to it.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

NaNo starts in a few weeks.  Several months ago I expected to have the serial finished by now so I would be free to write a new story.  Hasn't happened.  Maybe if I sat down and really hammered out the plot, I could finish the Library of Souls by November 1st, but the thing is, I don't want to do it that way.  Besides, I'm all embroiled in it right now and don't even have another tale in mind.

Still.  I haven't missed NaNo since I started in 2009.  That's not to say I finish every year, but I do sign up and participate.  I don't know.  Between the 52s, my photography, the serial, and life in general, I might have to pass this year.   I wonder why that feels like a cop-out...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

This is Week 40 of the 52s.  Isn't that sort of amazing?  I remember Week One and thinking I would never find a new adventure every week.  Another thing about Week 40 though...it means the end of the year is only 12 weeks away.  12 weeks!  How did that happen?  Tempus fugit, peeps, and faster than a speeding bullet.

I have an idea for this week's adventure.  With any luck at all, I'm going to do it either tomorrow or Saturday.  We'll see how it plays.  My ideas always sound great in theory but sometimes--okay, often--they don't work outside my head.  Such is life...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

With all the storms and clouds and squalls, I've gotten some dazzling sunset photos this week.  I have a thing for sunsets.  I've taken hundreds of shots in a multitude of places around the globe.  To some folks any sunset is as good as the next.  Not to me.  I equate them with snowflakes: unique and beautiful and fleeting.

Last night.  After a serious downpour, sky dark and ominous, the sun broke through the clouds just as it was setting behind the mountains...


A most excellent way for Mother Nature to say goodnight...don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment