Wednesday, October 16, 2013

No Doubt, I'll Regret This...


The weather is staying warm and sunny so I've been working outside in the never-ending task of getting things settled for the Winter.  I should be staining both decks, but the morning dew is way too wet--almost like rain--which leaves the decks very damp until late in the afternoon, too late to start such a major project.  I might have to wait until early Spring.  And oh, boo hoo, I can hardly stand the disappointment...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The serial is denting my head at the moment.  I thought I had things worked out for this next installment but after writing around 700 words, I don't like where it's going and want to scrap it and start over.  Bah.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Ozzy's at the vet today for his annual teeth cleaning.  It's too bad they can't figure out something less traumatic for that procedure.  He's such a wee dog and to get knocked out really takes a toll on him.  Ah well, at least he'll have shiny white teeth...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Yesterday afternoon I got a surprise phone call from one of my dear friends in Edinburgh.  We caught up on all the news in the neighborhood and had a good, long chat about life in general.  I'm sorry I wasn't able to make it home last month, but with any luck I'll make it in the new year.

We were talking about the blog, and some of my photographs, then she asks me why I took the shot of my new hair color with the Cyclops camera in front of my face.  I laughed and told her she wasn't the only one to ask that question, but for obvious reasons--difficulty and vanity--it was easier to just show the hair...which was the point of the post anyway.

But, against my better judgment, I made another attempt, this time with the camera below my chin.  I am not in the least bit photogenic so frankly, to me, I look like a dork...with chipmunk cheeks.  And hey, isn't it weird how one eye is always shaped differently than the other?  I know it's not just me.  Right??  It's not just me?  I still really love the color--which looks way better in real life than in this shot. 

So, Morag, dear friend...you asked and here I am, regrets and all...

 


2 comments:

  1. You look lovely! Blogging is a weird space. We're exposed, yet hidden. My face, as you know, rarely pops up on my pages as well. You did a brave and sweet thing for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always being the photographer, I am rarely in front of the camera. For a good reason, I think... ;D

      (For future reference: Don't take a photo under your chin. It makes nostrils look weird and horrible!!)

      Delete