Monday, October 14, 2013

Week 42 of the 52s...Arezzo and Adventure


My closest neighbor is a Brit.  He and his partner travel a great deal, including at least four trips to the UK every year.  Last month I had planned to head that direction myself, to visit friends and family, renew my residency, have a holiday.  Unfortunately I couldn't work out the logistics, mostly because of my wee dogs, a very small town, and few options for house/dog sitting.  I'm hoping to figure something out for next Spring instead.

Anyway.

When I found out a few weeks ago they were going to England, then on to Italy--my third favorite place after Dublin (2) and Scotland (always first)--I asked him if he would drop off the next book in my BookCrossing adventure.  I told him I'd planned to do this myself but things hadn't worked out.  Once I explained the concept behind BookCrossing, he gladly took on the challenge of finding the perfect spot somewhere along their route to release the book into the wild.

Yesterday (today in Italy), I got an email, and a photograph.  It was so cool.

The book I chose this time is a wonderfully funny, excellent read.  Here's a blurb but it doesn't come close to the amazing plot...or the hilarity of the characters:

When the children of his village were struck with a mysterious illness, Number Ten Ox found master Li Kao. Together they set out to find the Great Root of Power, the only possible cure, and together they discover adventure and legend, and the power of belief....


And here's where the Bridge of Birds begins the next leg of its journey...Arezzo, Italy, southeast of Florence.  The book is laying on that first table to the right, at the café in front of the Tourist Office...


I can only wish I'd been the one to leave the book in Arezzo, though it's great to share the adventure of the 52s with my neighbors.  And I'm totally looking forward to finding out who will discover the book...and where it ends up next.

No comments:

Post a Comment