Saturday, November 9, 2013

A Boy and His Bunny...


Tuesday I spent the better part of the afternoon hunkered down on the couch under my warm and toasty blanket while I struggled with my cold.  There's something very comforting--in a childish sort of way--about being able to do that.  I'm sick, I can just lay here and do nothing.

Though.  Every time I managed to crawl off the couch, this would happen:



Max is a love puppy, the more love the happier he is.  And notice that furry thing?  That's Bunny, his most favorite and beloved toy.  No matter how many others he's gotten over the past two years, Bunny remains his one and only--he's a rescue dog and I think this might have been his first toy ever.

Yesterday when I downloaded the Wolf Creek photos, those two pictures showed up--I'd forgotten about them, what with being delirious and sick earlier in the week.  This morning as he was carrying Bunny around the house, I skimmed through some folders in my photo program and found a few more shots of Max and Bunny...

Taking a nap, Bunny tucked safely under his chin...




 

Max really has a thing about taking my spot...whatever spot that might be.  I always have to shift him over when I sit in my reading chair.  And of course, Bunny has to be shifted too...
 
 
He's the most endearing little dog.  He appreciates everything, takes nothing for granted, and his needs are simple: to cuddle, keep his Bunny close, and be treated kindly.
 
A way of life worth emulating...
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment