Saturday, October 6, 2012

Sigh of Relief...


I had lunch with my realtor the other day to discuss the house.  There's every probability that I'll have to lower the price again--penance for living in a very small town with limited potential.  If I lower the price and leave it on the market through the real estate dead months (Oct-Feb), I'll be in a major pickle come Spring as I most definitely won't be willing to lower it yet again. 

So, rather than paint myself into a corner, I took it off the market until early next year and will most likely re-list it at the lower price.  And I have to say, it was a relief to make the decision, to take a break from the aggro and the cleaning and the always being available.  I'm still working under the things will shake out as they're meant to ethos, though lately I've begun to have a doubt or two about the truth in that.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to some time off.  There's NaNo next month which will totally occupy me for 30 days, then it's December and the hols; January is always Hunker Down month, then before we know it, it will be February with Spring just a few months away.  I plan on writing, and reading, making big Sunday pots of soup and spaghetti and stew and chili; bundling up to walk the dogs; snuggling in the warm and toasty house while Winter rants and raves outside.

Taking a break sounds good to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment