Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Words, Wind and Wee Dogs

In case no one noticed, I just have to point out that I finished the 2012 Reading Challenge!!  Totally cool that I actually managed to finish something this year.  Okay, I know that's not really true, I finish stuff all the time, but after bailing on NaNo and feeling a bit like a loser, I really wanted to nail this one.
 
And hey, if you're wondering: I'm loving my Lemon Cheesecake cookies...though they don't look like something you would take to a Christmas Cookie Exchange, do they?  Still, if you close your eyes and take a bite, they taste exactly like cheesecake.  The base is a graham cracker crust-like mixture, then the dollop in the middle is the cheesecake stuff.  So.  Who cares what they look like as long as they're tasty...right??


I'm having fun with the Library story on blog two.  Course, I wrote too much for a single post, I think, so divided Chapter One into two parts, even though in an actual book, 2,300 words is just about right for a chapter.  Oh well, it's a blog, not a book.
 
Weather is bitterly cold, and again with the wind!  When we walked to get the mail this afternoon, a very strong gust blew up the mountain and actually rolled wee Ozzy across the road!  He was not a happy boy and looked at me like it was my fault, which made me laugh.  After I plucked all the road debris off him, I carried him for a bit just to soothe his ruffled feelings.  It can't be good to only weight as much as a bag of flour when it's really blustery.
 
Still.  He got a ride out of the deal...I just got numbed fingers and frozen earlobes.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They really aren't much to look at, but make up for it in total awesome taste!

      Delete