Thursday, January 10, 2013

Snowbound-ish...

The weather forecast was true.  Woke up to a great snow storm, good enough that I'm not driving down the mountain to the park, upsetting Ozzy's routine to the point he is no longer speaking to me--a relief actually as his whining and shouting (barking impatiently) was getting very annoying.  He's now realized I can't be swayed and is moping by the front windows, occasionally letting me know how unhappy he is with long, dramatic sighs.

In light of the crap weather--though to me it's beautiful in the pristine silence--I'm going to write the next bit in the Scribbles story while I have such a nice block of time without having to go anywhere.

Here are a few shots of the snow, though those of you in the Snow Zones will no doubt scoff and say, "You call that snow?"  Yeah, I do, but no matter...it makes a change from rain and gloomy skies even if it's just inches rather than feet.

Two views of the back; the valley below is totally obscured....



 

From the driveway side, and even the big gnarly oaks are hard to see through the snowfall...


From the front deck.  And what is it about a birch, or five?  I love these trees.  They look cool in the Summer all green and willowy, but just as good in Winter with bare spindly branches and divots from the woodpeckers...


In the time it's taken to write this, the snow has stopped and the sun is blazing in the windows.  I can see the valley now, but coming over the mountains in the distance are some very black and ominous clouds.  I think it's just going to be one of those days...on and off, sunshine and storms.

And I'm more than okay with that.  I've got words to write and plots to entangle...

2 comments:

  1. Happy writing darling, snuggle in and make hot tea with cream and sugar. :) The snow looks lovely there, here it began as seven inches of frosting and is now melting into that grey slush that drenches your shoes and weighs down your soul. *sigh* I'm wishing these cold months away....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I must be a very strange creature. I don't like the heat and endless sun of Summer.

      And really, before we know it, these long dreary days will be gone and Spring will come, as it always does.

      Delete