Friday, August 23, 2013

Short...Maybe Sweet


I am determined to get the chattering opinions from my serial characters out of my head today, or shortly thereafter.  Honestly, what a pushy bunch of folks.  Though, I did discover this morning whilst walking the boys, it was a good thing I took a day off--okay, two--to read my galley book, because I had a small epiphany.  I love those.  They make being a writer worth all the aggro when those crystalline moments of insight, illumination, or you gotta be kidding me, flash through the brain.  So, after a few chores and a phone call or two, I'm going to get back to the story.

Returning to the house after the walk, I was opening the back windows to catch a breeze--yeah, right--and noticed these two sharing the bird bath.

Well, not exactly sharing.  The sweet little gray chap was there first, then the bigger guy horned right in...and isn't that always the way?


Look at the expression on the gray one's wee face as water flies everywhere.  Seriously, someone should call the lifeguard...


Right after I took that last shot, the gray flew off, leaving the entire pool...er...bath to the bully.  Doesn't that figure.  I did get a laugh though because truly, I could see the little bird was totally pissed about the whole thing.

Camera still in hand, I went to the front of the house to continue opening windows.  From the guest bedroom I have a clear overlook across town to the south through the Halloween tree.

Several mourning doves were perched in the branches.  And yes, in case you're wondering, the smoke is still permeating everything on both sides of my mountain.  (I posted two panoramic views on the Shot of the Week yesterday.  You can really see how bad the smoke is between what is normal and what is not).

Birds out on a limb...


I love how the moss hangs on these trees.  Reminds me of a gothic southern mansion in the bayou.


Okay, that's about it, for now.  Must finish my work-related stuff so I can get on with the serial; the clamoring is driving me nuts...

No comments:

Post a Comment