Monday, December 8, 2014

Monday Madness and Music

I spent the better part of the day out in the craziness that is Christmas shopping...and whew, I hope that's the last time.  I was surprised at how many people were out on a Monday, in the middle of the day.  I live in a small town, yet still had trouble finding a parking spot, had to backtrack out of aisles too crowded with carts, stood for about a year waiting in line to pay.  And drove right on past the Post Office when I saw the line was out the door, down the block and winding around the corner. Ah, the joy of the holidays.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've been meaning to blog about this, but keep forgetting.  By now this is probably old news and everyone is already aware of Bookbub, but if not, and you own an e-reader, this is a very cool place to check out. They search all the e-book sites (Amazon, B&N, Kobo, etc) to find free or very cheap ($ .99) book deals so you, dear readers, don't have to. It's like having your own personal shopper. And it's totally free.  Just sign-up, pick what categories you're interested in, and ta da, every morning there's a list of books (with cover, synopsis, price) in your inbox to look over. I've found several really good books to download on my Kindle that I'd never have discovered on my own.

It's a good site to remember if you're giving an e-reader, or getting one, for Christmas. Nothing like new books to download, guilt-free.  Though beware:  Habit-forming...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stumbled across a site this morning over breakfast, Playbuzz.  They had a quiz to find out which song by the Eagles you would be.  I confess that I love the Eagles and have no qualms about singing along when one of their tunes comes over the speakers at my grocery store.  I ponder for a minute before taking the quiz. Which song do I think I am? Desperado is a long-time favorite, though there's also Heartache Tonight and Victim of Love.  And I can't forget another killer song, One of These Nights.  (And yeah, read those titles, peeps.  Think I've got issues??)

What was my song after doing the quiz?  Take It Easy.  I could sing this song in my sleep. Not only do I love this one, but I actually drove miles out of my way on a road trip once to stand on that corner in Winslow, Arizona, just to say I did.  And it was so cool...

Today, while being jostled and elbowed, sneezed on and flipped off--all in the name of Christmas cheer--I kept singing that totally apropos song in my head. This verse was especially pertinent:

...Don't let the sound of your own wheels
Drive you crazy
Lighten up while you still can
Don't even try to understand
Just find a place to make your stand
And take it easy...

And if I didn't have to address Christmas cards right now, I'd be doing that very thing...

2 comments:

  1. Eek! According to that quiz I'm Hotel California:

    "Being full of mystery and awe, you are the iconic hit of Hotel California. Your personality seems to be withdrawn, yet when people meet you, they can't seem to ever leave you behind for good. May that be a good or bad thing, that is up to the person who has befriended you."

    Well, could be worse. Like Tequila Sunrise, or Lyin' Eyes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too funny...just imagine the possibilities. ;D

      Delete