Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Break

I'm going to take the next few days off, so no posts until Monday.  I'm not doing any Christmas stuff this year, but do have an eventful day planned for myself.  Not suitable for everyone, but totally cool to me...

Yesterday I taped the entire 6-movie Thin Man series--my most favorite series of all the old, old black & white movies.  I love the interplay between William Powell and Myrna Loy, to say nothing of the clothes, all the boozing, and the mystery solving.  Having all six to watch in a row is an amazing treat.  I was channel surfing in the early afternoon and stumbled upon this wonderful happenstance on The Classic Movie channel and nearly broke a nail in my haste to get them scheduled for recording.

So, after I get back from walking the dogs on Christmas morning, it's into my comfy lounge-about clothes, watch a few movies, have lunch, watch a few more, cook my beautiful pork roast, watch some more, then have a great Christmas dinner with a nice glass of wine while watching the last installment.  And really..??  I can hardly wait.

***********************************************************************************

Though I have a story or two rattling around in my head, I'm still taking the weekend off, to recharge, rest my little gray cells, and chill.

So, here's wishing everyone a good holiday, whatever your predilection.  See you on the flip side...

No comments:

Post a Comment