Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A Moment...with Cows and Clouds

Today has been one of the those...non...days, if you know what I mean.  Just a day.  Nothing memorable, noteworthy, or relevant is going on, other than you're breathing.  How many of our days are like that?  Days where just living, breathing, ticking the date off a calendar are all that mark them.  I'm not saying that's a bad thing.  Really, don't you think we would implode if every day were fraught with intensity, meaning, significance?  I would, for sure.  I need those down-time days, to recharge, think, find balance in a tilting world.

It's been stormy here.  Whilst having lunch, I noticed this great, angry cloud over the Valley.  I took the camera out onto the back deck to get a shot of it.  The sky was growing darker as I stood there, the cloud starting to look tornado-like.


Then, from way down below me, there was this sudden cow commotion.  I don't have a clue where they were--there's nothing but white oak and pine trees for hundreds of feet down my ridge.  A large herd used to live in the Valley, but the farm was sold last year and is now a vineyard.  I can't imagine what they were doing down there. 

It made me laugh to listen to the bellowing, so I switched the camera to video.  Can you hear them?  Well, really, how could you not?


They were truly upset about something.  In their world, I guess this isn't a non day.

No comments:

Post a Comment