Thursday, August 2, 2012

Look Up...in 100 Words


August Moon
From my front porch, Southern Oregon 2012



He kissed her awake. “Come outside with me,” he murmured.

“What?” A glance at the clock. “It’s the middle of the night.”

“Humor me,” he laughed, pulling her out of bed.

Confused, she took in the scene on the back deck: a large air mattress, covered with an unzipped sleeping bag, two pillows. “What’s going on?”

Smiling, he took her hand, drawing her down with him to the makeshift bed.

When they were settled, her head resting against his shoulder, he said quietly, “Look up.”

She gasped, dazzled by the sight of shooting stars streaking across the night sky.



2 comments:

  1. Loved it. Then again, I do so dig stargazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Me, too. August is the best month for shooting stars, so I'll be looking up most nights.

      Delete