Thursday, March 28, 2013

100 Words...Heart of a Poet





Heart of a Poet
March 28, 2013



“Here you are,” she said, walking into the study.

He looked up with a smile as she asked, “Is that one of the books you bought at the library sale?”  Bending to read the title, she grinned.  “Well, aren’t you the dark horse.”

“Still waters run deep.”  Pulling her down beside him on the couch, he whispered in her ear, “I was thinking of you when I bought it.”

“Really?”



“Yes.”  Voice soft, he began to read, loving her with words:


The face of all the world is changed, I think,
Since first I heard the footsteps of thy soul…
 

****************************************

Sonnet Seven, Elizabeth Barrett Browning, Sonnets from the Portuguese.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Terri, this was so lovely....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I was reading the Sonnets the other day and those two lines gave me the story. Funny how that happens... ;]

      Delete