Friday, March 1, 2013

Week 9 of the 52s...Dismay and Delight

This was supposed to be a happy post for Week 9, but instead it's part crap, part cool.

Dismay:  I got a call from the computer folks last night to say that my new laptop, fresh out of the box, had a huge dent in the lid and a new one had to be ordered.  Buggers.  It looks like Monday, though probably will actually be Tuesday, before a) I find out if my stuff can be saved, and b) I get my frigging damnblast new laptop.
 
Ah well.  Pick your battles, I guess, especially since I can't do a thing about it.

So, coming back from the dogs' walk this morning, I stopped to chat with a woman who lives down the road from me.  I was telling her about the laptop debacle; also mentioned my ongoing adventures with the 52s that would have to be postponed for this week--no way could I do it with the tablet.  One thing led to another, and now here I find myself, madly typing away on her laptop, with a tall glass of wine sitting next to me.  And how very nice--both her laptop gesture, and the wine!

However, once I post this, I'm taking the weekend off.  It's too stupid to try blogging without a proper keyboard and I think I need a break from it all anyway.  Starting with that effing hacker last week, it's been a long ten days or so of aggro...time to enhance the calm.

***************************

Delight:  The most excellent part of Week 9 was that I did go back to the Arts Center and buy the watercolor that called my name.  Yesterday, when the exhibit ended, I got to bring it home. And it still just makes me grin like crazy every single time I look at it.

Hanging on the wall by the dining room table--where I would be writing on my bloody laptop if I had one.  All I have to do is turn my head, and there it is, bright, cheerful...and mine. (I know the photo is a bit dark, but it was late last night when I took the shot, plus I don't have my photo program so this is straight out of my camera...)


Closer view, taken this morning.  I love this piece, and oh how it speaks to me...


So, there you go.  Not a great adventurous week in the scheme of the 52s, but I do have a new piece of art that makes me smile.  And eventually I'll have my new laptop.  

Eventually.

I hope.

2 comments:

  1. I'm overwhelmed with joy you purchase my piece of art. A milestone for me after 27 years of Calligraphy. It looks stunning in your beautiful home!
    Love,
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You couldn't possibly be more happy than I am to own such a piece! I adore it! Thanks so much...

      Delete