Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Wait and Worry...

This morning, after walking the boys in a torrential downpour, I stopped into the computer store to see what progress is being made on the laptop(s).  I haven't heard word one since last Thursday night and I'm getting a tad cranky.

According to the manager, my new replacement laptop is due in this afternoon.  Uh huh.  I could have driven north, bought a new one at their other store, and been back in town in under three hours.  I've been waiting five days.  Customer service is dead, people. 

I'm wondering if there are now, in fact, Four Great Lies of all time.  I know the three: The check's in the mail; of course I'll respect you in the morning; no your butt doesn't look big.  Today I'm adding:  We expect the UPS guy this afternoon.

Worryingly, the tech guy who's actually trying to retrieve my stuff told me he'd managed to recover my documents and writing programs, but he was having a really hard time salvaging my digital photos.  My heart just dropped at that news.  He said he won't give up until it's absolutely clear the photos are gone, so on one hand I'm glad to hear that he will persevere, but on the other I'm seriously upset his efforts could be futile.  Seven years, a million miles, three continents, and irreplaceable memories.  My stomach roils.

At the rate things are going, I probably won't get the new machine until later in the week, and since we all know blogging on a tablet is ridiculous, I won't be back for another few days. 

Ah well.  This brief hiatus has given me time to read, watch a few movies, and get some work done around the homestead.  I guess that will just have to do for now...

4 comments:

  1. Oh no! I feel ill just thinking about such a loss....dammit, I'm backing up on those stupid sticks this afternoon!

    So sorry love...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it, do it now! What a horrid experience.

      Delete
  2. Hope you don't have to wait to much longer my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a long week and a half, no doubt. Hopefully I can move forward now...

      Delete